Growth Marketing & Product Leader | Product Lead for Premium Services (Privacy/Security) @ Mozilla Firefox
With your product, are you focused on outcomes or output? How are you defining your North Star Metric? Are you playing to play or playing to win? Product Management at the core is about strategy. Strategy is really about choices. What is your winning aspiration? Where are you going to play? Where are you NOT going to play? Let's review your product strategy and process to make sure you can win in your market.
Does it seem that each test you run you barely can find any "wins"? Do you have a lot of "neutral" results? Have you exhausted all of your CRO ideas? Let's talk about how to take a step back, determine where you should focus your CRO strategies, and start to squeeze more conversions out of your funnel.
Do you need help with your pirates?? I mean, AARRR!!! Do you need help with defining, prioritizing, measuring, and optimizing your Acquisition, Activation, Retention, Referral, and Revenue metrics and growth opportunities? Let's chat and get you on the right course.
Having a challenging time getting a HIPPO (highest paid person's opinion) to see the big picture or your perspective? I've dealt with this most of my career and it is just part of the human condition. Even though it is a constant, there are strategies and tactics to ensure it doesn't draw you down.
In my experience, you can't become a growth mindset person when you are not, but many of us have the ability to optimize their thinking and approach to ensure that our brains and thoughts don't become blockers to our product and career's success.
Let's talk about how you can content to drive organic visitors to your product at likely a lower investment than a paid acquisition channel. The "If you build it, they will come" can be true with the right content strategy.
Need to determine if you have the right product for the right market? Is the right time now (timing plays a big part)? Do you have a real differentiator? Let's talk about how you can ensure your strategy is aligned with what the market needs.
For a few years, I ran and managed Mozilla's global SEM program and optimized for click and downstream installs of our browsers. We had a spending budget of over 100k per month and optimized by keyword and by country as our primary dimensions.
I setup and confirmed Google Webmaster Tools for all of Mozilla's primary website, which showed measurable SERP improvements. I also discovered edge cases that Matt Cutts took as feedback in future iterations of their product.
I was one of Optimizely first enterprise customers and provided feedback on the direction of their product. I know the product inside and out from setting up simple A/B tests to complex jquery code.
I have experience with setting up Google Analytics, tagging, events, analysis, custom reports and exporting to spreadsheets for further analysis. I drove the implementation of Google Analytics at Mozilla across 100 websites and 1 billion monthly visitors.
I created and I am leading a startup at Mozilla focused on bringing freemium products and services to a consumer market.
• Develop and manage Firefox’s growth targets and ensure Firefox’s north star metric will yield sustainable and measurable growth. • Build and lead product growth teams that identifies high-leverage growth areas and executes in parallel on one or more semi-independent tracks of work. • Understand the needs and desires of new Firefox users and specify the research needed to obtain market insights. • Review product metrics and research to aid in the development of potential hypotheses to drive sustainable growth.
• Lead cross-functional durable team focused on improving new user retention • Effectively communicate and collaborate with internal stakeholders to communicate progress • Utilize growth marketing process and tactics to test and optimize experiences • Perform scientific cohort tests to understand the impact of changes to new user onboarding • Use Agile Marketing and Scrum methodologies on bi-weekly sprints
• Serve as an internal catalyst, mobilizing cross-functional teams to test and iterate new ideas, establishing viable ways to drive sustainable growth in Firefox. • Lead team of growth marketers for Firefox on desktop, Android, iOS, and developer platforms. • Utilize growth marketing loop process to define goals, develop hypotheses, perform scientific tests, document insights, and determine next steps. • Direct and lead the Firefox growth team to ensure our activities are effective, timely, and focused on initiatives that will move the needle. • Identify, prioritize, and lead new initiatives for the growth team and driving projects to completion.
• Lead a team of 15 web professionals that included developers, designers, UX, project managers, and analysts that build world-class websites and applications. • Accountable for the creation, improvements, and availability of Mozilla's most popular websites including www.mozilla.org, careers.mozilla.org, affiliates.mozilla.org, and many more. • Work cross-functionally with a wide variety of functions and people at all levels of the organization to guarantee our websites are fully supporting the organization and exceeding goals. • Fostering communication among all internal and external stakeholders to ensure that all parties are aware of current and future projects and requirements. • Plan, prioritize, and execute on activities that have direct impact on Mozilla's organizational goals.
• Lead a team of web developers and developed a comprehensive Web strategy to bring hundreds of separate websites into a single framework and brand. • Developed project management standards and process utilizing that dramatically shortened project phases and increased customer satisfaction. • Analyzed top-tier content management systems, produced business case and selected the Plone open-source system to be a college-wide solution. • Reduced our annual technology budget substantially by moving to open-source products, while providing a more robust and feature rich environment. • Created standards for Web site content, architecture and navigation; technical design; accessibility and usability and compliance with university policies. • Increased Web site visitors by over 200% (annually) by focusing on search engine optimization and web-friendly content.
• Lead and directed a team of 15 IT engineers in Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Tijuana, and Oregon that supported the corporate desktop, network, and server infrastructure. • Led management of Infrastructure project timelines, resources, and action items. • Implemented a backup and recovery system on an EMC NAS device for the Oracle ERP system to meet federal SOX 404 requirements. • Ensured high availability of the worldwide corporate network, email, windows/UNIX systems, and telecommunication solutions to support a 24-hour manufacturing operation. • Reduced annual costs associated with external networking services through contract negotiation.
• Directed and managed projects for the Web development team to ensure timelines and user requirements are met. • Monitored the performance and availability of Web systems and applications. • Managed and developed Cognos Business Intelligence reports from Oracle ERP data. • Created all corporate Web sites within a custom content management system that aligned with the organization’s new marketing style guides
• Created high impact Web sites for external clients utilizing dynamic information and templates. • Developed custom Web applications based on client requirements. • Developed Web-based portal to monitor all critical systems and services to ensure high-availability as required by our customers. • Developed the first online classifieds system (like Craigslist) in the northwest Pennsylvania area, which utilized automated posting and search.
Talking with Chris was eye opening and powerful. I needed direction on my project which he was able to provide me. But he also addressed one critical issue that I wasn't aware of… and he explained me how to fix it. So our chat was definitely valuable and I have now several things to implement that I'm confident will level up my game. Highly recommended.
Chris was great to speak with. His knowledge is intense. After some initial chat, we dug into the topic at hand. He asked questions and I tried to keep the answers short and to the point to maximize my time with him. The focus was on who my ideal customer was. What was their profile. How we could get more... I'll be contacting again.
Chris is a super nice, smart, and transparent person to talk to. After we each described what our journeys had looked like over the past year or so, he shared what he does to stay sane in such an intense role. Much appreciated! When I was talking to Chris it felt like we were old friends and had a really fun and thought-provoking conversation. Whether it's philosophy, car building/racing, keeping your cool, or how to grow an international product, Chris is an open book. I highly recommend anyone in growth schedule a call with Chris.